Health & Nutrition
Eating habits formed during early childhood are the basis for life long eating and can influence the child's health and well being in later years. Our goal is to provide a balanced and varied diet and we encourage children to try everything offered.
Meals are prepared by a trained cook and care is taken to provide a balanced diet and interesting range of fresh and nutritious foods.
If your child has any special dietary requirements please let us know and they will be respected.
Mealtime is a social time and all ages mix. Conversation among children and between adults is encouraged. This is also a learning time and we talk about what we are eating and encourage children to tody up after themselves.
Flu Information: We have had three confirmed cases of Type A flu. Following is some information for you and your families.
A Child's Place Learning Center cares about the health and well-being of all our families and would like to remind you that there are several things you can do to both prevent getting ill and prevent the spread of illness. To prevent the spread of flu, please take the advice of The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) :
· Everyone should wash their hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
· Cover your mouth with your sleeve when coughing or sneezing
· Do not share food or drinks
· Stay home if you are sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms
· Contact your family physician with any questions regarding your child’s health.
In addition, if your child has contracted the flu or is ill:
· Do not come to school. Keep away from others as much as possible to keep from making others sick.
· Stay at home at least 24 hours after fever is gone. Fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
· Get plenty of rest!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Hotline is (800) CDC-INFO and offers information in English and Spanish 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A Child's Place Learning Center... Where Learning & Playing Come Together!